The Academic Advisory Board shall be the principal academic body of the institute and shall, subject to the provision of the Memorandum of Association and the Rules and Bye-laws shall have the control over and be responsible for the maintenance of standards of education, teaching and training inter-department co-ordination, research, examinations and tests within the institute and shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed or conferred upon it by the rules and bye-laws.
The Academic Advisory Board consists of EIGHT very well known Economists, namely (1) Dr S. Bisaliah, Former Vice-Chancellor, University of Agricultural Science, Bengaluru,
(2) Dr (Smt) Rupa Chanda,Professor, Indian Institute of Management, Bengaluru, (3) Professor R.S. Deshpande, Ex Director, Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC), Bengaluru,
(4) Dr A.K. Shiva Kumar, Policy Advisor, UNICEF India; Ex Director, Int’l Centre for Human Devp., Former Member, National Advisory Committee,
(5) Professor Santosh Chandra Panda, Vice-President, South Asian University, New Delhi, Ex-Director, Delhi School of Economics,
(6) Professor M. Govind Rao, Ex Director, ISEC, Ex Director, NIPFP, Former Member, 14th Finance Commission,
(7) Professor Sukhadeo Thorat, Ex Chairman, ICSSR; Ex Chairman, UGC, Founding Trustee IIDS,
(8) Professor Vinod Vyasulu, O.P. Jindal Global University, Ex Director, Center for Budgetary & Policy Studies